Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My first REAL Date

Well, it was a great many moons ago now. Charity and I had been group dating a few times and I was brave enough to orchestrate a real date in which we met up in Mount Pleasant, MI watched a movie, and had dinner. Little did we know this would turn out to be the only thing we would call "dating" for the next 8 years of our relationship. I believe the film we wanted to see was going to start too late and I had to be back in town to be Jesus in our Easter Cantata practice. So we sat on the side of the road and made fun of the funny people walking by in the college town, which made us look more like hicks than anything else. Well, time came to pass and we were hungry so we took our extra money from not having watched a movie and went out to the Red Lobster. This too was the beginning of a beautiful trend of habits for us and our dating lives. I ordered one of my old fav's the fried shrimp combo with a double portion of the fried shrimp. Charity on the other hand had a full order of the shrimp linguine alfredo. I couldn't finish my meal, but to my surprise Charity put that alfredo away like it was water and she'd been walking in the desert for a week. This did not bother me, but like I said it was the beginning of long line of repeated favorite dates and she has yet to stop surprising me.

No comments:

Post a Comment