Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Chase

Last night I dreamed of being chased. I wasn't quite sure what I was running from but I knew it when I saw it. I noticed a few different things while in this dream. The world was enslaved by fear. Everything they did was under strict control of what was chasing me. They knew me when they saw me, and yet they functioned as if I had nothing to do with them. Occasionally the dream would shift and I would try to perform my normal pastoral activities like having youth group or youth events in the area, but these were all under close watch and we were all careful about what was chasing us. We were careful in the sense that we were aware, but the chaser didn't come anywhere near our youth group. Instead it sent people who were still under his control, the slaves, to try to disrupt what we were trying to accomplish. Long story short the chaser caught me trying to get someone from among his slaves and soon I found myself fleeing for my life because I knew the truth. Right before I awoke I dove behind some brush to hide myself from the people searching the house I had ducked into. I no idea where I was running to, but like I said I was being chased because I knew the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment