Monday, February 8, 2010

Skeels chapel session

So here I am, a graduate of Skeels Christian School. Now I've had the opportunity to go and speak in their chapel, and out of that lesson I think I've struck on something that may effect a good part of my ministry to come as a youth pastor.
The lesson was about following the rules of Christianity and how it's impossible to completely follow some list when really it's just letting God live in us. All the rest of His rules come in hand with loving Him. At the end of the lesson I had covered so many rules that they were all kind of chuckling like, "We're never gonna remember this stuff". Believe it or not this was the response I was looking for because the goal of my lesson was to give them something they could remember. I don't know how original it is, but I've never heard anyone use it so I'll call it mine (with direct influence from the Bible and the guidance of the Holy Spirit). I then told them to live love loud. I also had them repeat it.
So regardless of whether or not you remember anything about this blog entry or who is talking to you I recommend that you live for God in your life for all of your life, that you love him with everything you've got, and then be loud about that love by telling everyone you know, fearlessly and boldy, that you love to live for God. Live love loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment