Friday, February 12, 2010

Jehovah's Witness, Really?

So today while my kids were napping some Jehovah's Witnesses stopped by. They were two very nice women named Gina and Nicole. Nicole just stood and smiled the whole time. Gina was older (late 40's) and she did all the talking. We got to know one another and what churches we are apart of. Funny thing, they never argued. All they wanted was to show me the "truth", and Gina actually flipped to a few key verses which she promptly took out of context. That's ok though, it's to be expected of the deceived.
They asked if they could come back sometime and I said they are more than welcome to come by but I don't think we will be switching churches any time soon. At the conclusion of our conversation, and after a brief Wesleyan history, they were still confused as to how we were related to the Methodists. That's ok, it's to be expected of the deceived.
Then they hand me a pamphlet, which I'll admit I did peruse. They misused Jesus title as the "Word" with another passage of scripture that was just talking about small caps "words". But that's ok, it's to be expected of the deceived.

1 comment:

  1. hey dude thats cool so you like them comming and talking one time they came to my house and they tried to give me somthing i dident knoe what it was so i said no i hope they dident get affended!!! -haley thompson:)

    ReplyDelete