Monday, October 1, 2012

Where's my sword?!

"Where's my sword, daddy, where's my swoooord?!" Such a long conversation as we scoured the house one more time for their latest whatever toy that had become a sword. This time it was the handle to a playschool golf club. "Let's look over here", I'm desperately trying not to lose my patience while hunting for this stupid toy one more time. We do this daily, almost routinely. Misplace the weapon of choice and looking under every nook and cranny to find it. As I thought about this process today I was reminded how grateful I am that God's word is the most printed book in the history of mankind, and it's hidden in my heart. I may not always act or think like it, I still have work to do, but the word of God has engaged my life and changed me into a person who never stops changing. Thank you, God, for today's reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment